The Tianjin office will allow DENSO to more quickly meet the needs of its Chinese-based customers: Tianjin Toyota Automotive Co., Ltd., a joint venture between Toyota Motor Corporation and Tianjin Automotive Xia Li Co., Ltd.
To improve customer satisfaction, the Hong Kong office will provide repair and maintenance services for bus air conditioners.
DENSO operates six manufacturing and sales companies in China. They and their products are:
· Yantai Shougang DENSO Co., Ltd. in Shandong Province (automotive air conditioners);
· Tianjin DENSO Engine Electrical Products Co., Ltd. in Tianjin (alternators and starters);
· Chongqing DENSO Co., Ltd. in Chongqing (magnetos, CDI amplifiers and ignition coils);
· Tianjin DENSO Electronics Co., Ltd. in Tianjin (automotive electronic control components including electronic controllers for air conditioners);
· Tianjin DENSO Air-Conditioner Co., Ltd. in Tianjin (automotive air conditioners), and
· Tianjin ASMO Automotive Small Motor Co., Ltd. in Tianjin (small motors).
DENSO Corporation of Kariya, Aichi Prefecture, Japan, employs 81,000 people in 26 countries. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2000 totaled $17.8 billion.
In North America, DENSO employs 13,000 people at 21 companies with 1999 consolidated sales of $3.6 billion.