DIAM: Approach to operations & pay for week of May 24
Below is an update regarding pay for the week beginning May 24. Please note: Monday, May 25, is Memorial Day, a company-recognized holiday – associates will receive 8 hours of holiday pay for that day.
We continue to expand our operations across the region in alignment with state and local government orders and our customer schedules. DENSO has been, and will continue, to strictly follow all state and local government orders and safety protocols to minimize risk.
Our top priority is your safety, and our reopening of all facilities will be careful. We have developed rigorous safety measures that we have put in place to protect you as we begin returning to the workplace. You can find details about those safety measures here .
We will allow only a limited number of associates whose in-person presence is necessary to enable, support or facilitate DENSO manufacturing activity and customer requirements to work from the company the week beginning May 24. We expect many associates will continue to work from home, even if they cannot add 100% value.
Non-exempt Associate Pay
- Notrequired to work, or unable to work from home: You will be paid 6.4 hours per day, Tuesday-Friday, and 8 hours of holiday pay on Memorial Day, May 25. You can use PTO to level up to 40 hours of pay for the week of May 24.*
- Required to work on-site: Leaders will notify you if you are required on-site. You will be paid normal wages. Normal attendance rules apply. You will receive 8 hours of holiday pay for Memorial Day, May 25.
- Working from home: Work with your leader on a work from home plan. You will be paid 100% straight-time pay. You will receive 8 hours of holiday pay on Memorial Day, May 25.
- Temporaries and contractors: You will be paid 6.4 hours per day, Tuesday-Friday. (Note: If you are able to work more than 6.4 hours per day, you will be paid for hours worked). For Monday, May 25, please follow your agency’s holiday schedule and pay.
- Co-ops and interns: You will be paid 6.4 hours per day, Tuesday-Friday, and 8 hours of holiday pay on Memorial Day, May 25. (Note: If you are able to work more than 6.4 hours per day, you will be paid for hours worked).
*DENSO associates with paid time off (PTO) can choose to supplement this partial payment with PTO, otherwise the time will be recorded as unpaid time off without penalty.
Associates should continue to check-in with their leader to understand additional changes.
Exempt Associate Pay
For some associates, this pandemic has shifted priorities and responsibilities. You may find that there are parts of your job that are on hold. As some workloads drop below full time, we need to make an adjustment to protect jobs and provide a path for everyone to maintain wages for now. To achieve this, we will periodically divide exempt associates into two groups. This is an extension of the approach we implemented for the week beginning April 12. While this may not be ideal, it will help us to maintain our commitment to support you while maintaining the stability of our company.
- Group One: The first group includes associates who, because of the nature of their position and present workloads, can still work full time on value-added work. Those associates will be paid 100% of their wages, as they carry out their full-time responsibilities through working from the company or working from home.
- Group Two: The second group includes associates who, because of the nature of their position and current workload, cannot work full time. Next week, the work week consists of 8 hours holiday pay and a 32-hour work week. Therefore, Group Two associates will be paid 80% of 32 hours (or 25.6 hours). You can choose to take PTO to maintain your full income, if you have available PTO. Please be sure to log PTO in your timekeeping system, if you choose that option. If you have ideas for value-added work, please share with your leader. .
We’ve included two examples to help clarify Group 1 and Group 2. Again, this is an opportunity to focus on the value-added work or idea that you have not had time to consider in the past.
- Example of Group 1: An associate works in an engineering positon where they continue to have value added work, even while working from home, to justify a 40 hour a week schedule. That associate would be in Group 1. Even if the associate has scheduled PTO, they should update Dayforce with their PTO day as normal and will continue to be in Group 1 as long as they have 40 hours of value-added work a week and can work at their regular capacity.
- Example of Group 2: An associate works in engineering position but uses testing equipment that is only available on DIAM’s campus. This associate is working with their manager to determine value-added work from home but has not found adequate work to complete for a 32 hours a week schedule (for the week of May 24 only due to Memorial Day holiday). This associate is in Group 2. In the future, if the workload changes, for example the department has a new project assigned that will increase the associate’s workload to 40 hours a week, they would be moved from Group 2 and placed in Group 1.
Leaders will review each individual situation on a weekly basis and will notify you each week regarding your own situation. Please continue to check-in with your leader regularly for updates.
Information from DIAM Payroll
Hourly Non-Exempt: You (or your manager) should enter 60% of regular scheduled hours in timesheet.
For Exempt (if in Group Two):
- If you prefer to take PTO instead of unpaid time off, enter that in your timesheet as you normally would.
- If you choose not to use PTO, enter 8 hours (or 20% of regular scheduled hours if you are part-time) of unpaid time using the “Unpaid Time Off” code. For associates that enter project hours, enter the project code “Other”.
For contractors or temporaries: Communicate your hours with your contract house and follow their instructions.
If you would like to go to a negative balance in your PTO, please reach out to DIAM HR Team Member Solutions for instructions: Sarah Fox; Krysten Hamel; Mariam Karana; Yolanda McGee; Devon Levy
Associates may also take a Leave of Absence. COVID-19 leave is available to DIAM associates who are unable to work from home due to position and need to quarantine, personal illness or caring for a sick family member. For more information, contact DIAM HR Team Member Solutions: Sarah Fox; Krysten Hamel; Mariam Karana; Yolanda McGee; Devon Levy
For payroll questions, contact: Rachel Cash or Lynn Detkowski