Activities for Women’s History Month & International Women’s Day
If you are looking for ways to recognize and support gender equality through activities surrounding Women’s History Month (WHM) or International Women’s Day (IWD) on March 8, we’ve got information for you!
Participation is easy:
- Review the DENSO-selected challenge declarations below and choose one that speaks to you.
- Look for promotions at your site to get a card/sign, download from the IWD site, or make your own.
- Take a selfie with your declaration.
- Post your selfie to your personal social media account, using the hashtags #ChooseToChallenge and #IWD2021.
- Email your selfie to Communications@na.denso.com, so we can share some of your selfies on our TV system.
Need some inspiration? Click here to check out selfies from associates and leaders at DENSO Manufacturing Canada!
In addition to the #ChooseToChallenge activity, sites have various activities planned for IWD and throughout the month. Here are some of the events; be sure to look for information on WHM and IWD activities at your local site and on the DENSO Mobile App calendar.
- Holding a panel discussion with local community leaders on March 8, 12-1pm ET. Contact Beth Rollins or April Banner for registration details.
- Hosting a donation drive for kitchen, office and home items to benefit local women’s charities.
- Encouraging associates to wear work-appropriate purple clothing to support IWD.
- Conducing a raffle to benefit Girl Guides Canada; the company will match all funds raised.
- Holding an IWD quiz with prizes for perfect scores and the teams with the highest participation.
- Encouraging attendance at the Manufacturing Institute’s “Virtual STEP Forward” event on March 8, 1-2pm ET. To register and join the event, click here.
- Hosting a DIAM Women’s Panel on March 22, 11:30am-12:30pm ET. To receive information, contact Lauren Lindell.
- Holding a North America BRG Happy Hour on March 29, 4-5pm ET. To receive information, contact Lauren Lindell.
- Hosting webinars (presented in Spanish) on March 8 and 10. For more information, check out this flier (in Spanish) or contact Ilse Simental or Edith Garza.
- March 8, 5-6pm CT
“Jugano en Grande” (Playing Big)
Purpose: to motive and empower female workers to set big and challenging goals for personal and professional life.
- March 10, 3-4pm CT
“Lideres con Lipstick” (Leaders with Lipstick)
Purpose: to motivate and empower young female students to set big dreams and develop their skills.
We look forward to seeing your selfies!