Community Non-profits Grateful for DENSO Foundation Support
As DENSO North America President and CEO Ken Ito said in his message to associates, DENSO is committed to supporting the communities it calls home. In this period of uncertainty caused by COVID-19, the DENSO North America Foundation (DNAF) provided grants to non-profit organizations doing critical work in our communities. The grants supported food pantries, healthcare workers and their efforts to treat patients, childcare workers supporting essential workforce, and those providing financial assistance to the individuals and families most impacted.
Below are some of the thank you notes DNAF received from recipient organizations:
- Without your gift, I’m not sure we could have bridged the gap so that our agency could survive, especially after we had to furlough employees and close the thrift store. But we are coming back to life.
- With each passing day, the demand for healthy nutritional food is dramatically escalating. The financial support given by DENSO will help The Foodbank’s ability to respond to a community in need.
- Friends like you who invest in transforming the lives of others, make it possible for us to continue our deep commitment to provide a hand up, not a hand out. Your support will help low-income individuals, families, homeless, seniors, and those financially impacted by the COVID-19 crisis receive essential services. We are grateful for your generosity and commitment in assisting those in need.
- Thanks to you, we were able to provide COVID-19 care baskets to the vulnerable families we serve and the child care facilities who remained open to provide care for children of essential workers during this public health crisis. The baskets were filled with critical medical and cleaning supplies needed to ensure the health and safety of the children in our community as well as resources about helping children cope with trauma. As staff personally delivered these baskets while following social distancing guidelines, we were humbled by the grateful smiles, tears of joy and lifted spirits.
- Due to Covid-19 our annual fundraiser had to be cancelled. The gift definitely lifted a financial burden for us. This allowed us to focus on our programs that meet the needs of our community. We have a feeding program where we serve over 400 families a month with supplemental food. Can goods are in high demand. Your funds will ensure that we will not run out of can goods for the whole year.
- The Mission houses the homeless, women, children and men of our area. When a person comes to the Mission they usually come with the clothes on their backs. Your Gift will ensure that each person that enters will be able to obtain brand new clothes, undergarments, socks and a new pair of shoes. The simple things that you and I take for granted, bring so much joy to the underserved of our community.
- It came in at the right time to keep us from having to close our doors, and laying off my assistant, and myself. The donations had been so low that our bank balance was under $3,000 and we still had bills to pay and building insurance was coming up! When I opened of the envelope, if I had of been able I would have leaped for joy! We are opened Monday – Thursday to assist the less fortunate with food and clothing. If we would have had to close the Pantry, or limit our days open, a lot of people would have been without! Thank You!